Coming Soon to Orange County, Ca!!!!!
Holistic Hitting Development Class
Class Size: 6 players/class
Duration: 60 minutes
What is “Holistic Hitting”?
Holistic Hitting is a unique approach to player development that enhances the performance of the entire athlete. In order for a hitter to realize their potential they can’t merely focus on mechanical development. Great hitters have achieved mastery over the three different elements of hitting (Mechanics, Mental/Emotional, and Approach). Holistic Hitting is the first development program of it’s kind to focus on all three aspects of player development.
Participants of Holistic Hitting will gain an understanding of how the mind impacts performance, how mechanics produce power and consistency, and how a athlete’s approach can increase the likelihood of success. Athletes will be given tools that they can use to clear the mental/emotional resistance that can limit performance (ie: performance anxiety, focus in pressure situations, unwanted thoughts, low self confidence, etc.). In addition athletes will learn what the proper mechanics are, why they are important, and how they help generate more power and consistency. Finally, athletes will learn how to set up their approach at the plate or on the field which will give them the best chance to succeed.
In order to maximize the development of the athletes we focus on three areas of development:
- All movement begins in the mind and without the right mental skills it becomesimpossible to create consistent success.
- Mental clutter, stress, frustration, anger, disappointment, doubt, fear, pressure, ego,
all contribute to a player’s inability to consistently execute proper mechanics which limits overall performance.
- Athletes will be given the tools to increase focus, eliminate mental clutter, and increase mechanical repeatability.
- The mechanical philosophy is based on physics, biomechanics, and the natural physiology of the body. This mechanical development allows players to increase power production, consistency, and increase mechanical repeatability allowing the athlete to maximize the body’s potential.
- The mechanics of the swing should coincide with the mental skills developed and the approach at the plate. In addition to creating more power and consistency there needs to be a level of simplicity which allows for consistent execution. Athletes will learn how to maximize their physical potential while at the same time eliminating physical complexity that might inhibit swing repeatability.
- Hitters will learn how to take back control over their at bats. With the pitcher having the ball hitters are left feeling defensive, trying to figure out what the
pitcher is going to throw and where. This creates uncertainty that leads to inconsistent performance. A sound approach helps to eliminate this uncertainty and give the hitter more confidence during the at-bat.
- Athletes will develop an approach that will help them maximize their strengths, increase their focus, put more balls in play hard, draw more walks, decrease strikeouts, and increase pitch recognition.
- Approach development will help hitters pick up on pitching tendencies and allow them to be more prepared for each at bat.
“Ryan Dambach’s mental training has allowed me to remain focused and present not only on the baseball field, but in life as well. I would highly recommend his peak performance training to any athlete looking to gain an extra edge and raise their game to the next level!” -Eli Wisdom, Pacific University